Monday, February 4, 2008

The Dancing Effect - Influences and Urges from Mental Constructs

As this experiment goes on, we will be detailing the effects and random things that happen in the course of it. So let us start with this, what's sorta been dubbed the "dancing effect".

A personal account to start things off.

After Rax was first "awakened" (i've decided that's the best word, and it sounds real cool too) (and you'll know more about Rax later; suffise to say he's my part in this experiment) I found that he seemed rather hyper. He'd be wanting to jump about, climb up poles and trees, running - and yes, dancing. I could have not done any of those things, but what would have been the point? It was fun, it got me out of mental ruts I was stuck in. It got me more active.

This leads into the point that I was and am not a dancing active sort of person. I try to keep fit, but I am a computer addict. And it was not really me suggesting this, like I said. I was just going along with it.

I believe the keeper of this blog, or whatever he might change his profile to, has experienced a similiar thing. (Correct me if I'm wrong, man.) And really, this effect is still going. It's not quite as pronounced as it was at first, but that's probably just from getting used to it. It hasn't actually been very long after all. (Less than you're thinking, probably.)

So that's all very well, and it's a fun thing. But from an experimental view, there's something very interesting we can infer from it. It's that these companions have their own wants, desires, likes, and dislikes. Not that I on't like climbing poles and fences (give it a try!) but I didn't actively want it. Rax did. And I just went along with it.

It has been in other things as well. Song tastes. Physical attractions. Foods. And another side is when one of the pair likes something the other doesn't. A strange conflict. I like the song Cosmia, Rax doesn't really. (Bad experience with it.) Keeper dislikes chips....you can see what I mean anyway.
---
The point of this observation? It further entails that they are something more than just talking to yourself. It's certainly not proof - you can lie to yourself about liking or disliking things. But:
  • Can you do it perfectly?
  • And can you do it over trivial things, time after time?
It bears considering.

-Seadragon

No comments: